View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
portlester
portlester began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST1
Activity reader is not responding

I have recently found that my PRS-T1 readers is freezing for approximately a minute, following at least two actions.

The first is when I click on a book to read from the front, Books or Collections pages on the reader. The second is when I have been using the browser (checking emails, news, etc) and click the Continue Reading. In both cases the book opens, however the ereader then freezes.

While the ereader is frozen, if I try and forward/swipe to the next page (or any other actions), I will often get the following message pop up, Activity reader (in application reader) is not responding, with the options to Force close or Wait immediately after the ereader unfreezes.

I've search the forums for an answer, and have found a thread where a similar message came up for people accessing the dictionary, however I could no find a suitable fix.

Has anyone else come across this issue and has an answer. The two options I've thought of are to remove the books (148 on the main memory) and then selectively reload them to find out if there is an issue with a particular epub or to do a hard reset (I've already tried a soft reset). Or if it is an issue with the ereader itself I still have approx 2 weeks of warranty left.

Any other ideas?

thanks in advance
Ian

Last edited by portlester; 12-06-2012 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Added more info
portlester is offline   Reply With Quote