Thread: Eboard Chess
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Eboard Chess

Hi!
I have already seen some chess apps ported to KT. Anyway I wanted to see Eboard chess interface on my Kindle. It uses three engines: GNU Chess, Sjeng and Crafty. It also allows to play chess over internet.
On my page you will find first beta of the port. Main drawback is no keyboard, which is needed sometimes. For now it can be overcome by setting some things manually in configuration files. I have already set most things in the package.
I set up automatic guest login into FICS server. If you want to connect to other chess server or use your login/pass, (as there is no keyboard) you will have to adjust scripts/autofics.pl file, which is expect script.
If you want to test, GUI launcher package is on my webpage.
Have fun!

I will publish sources on my webpage in a few days, when I get more time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot5.gif
Views:	1125
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	92529  

Last edited by baf; 09-17-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: screenshot
baf is offline   Reply With Quote