View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Securing Fire Against Unintentional Purchases

I think I'd like to buy a Fire for each of my kids, but I have noticed that it is very easy to purchase apps and media. The purchaser is not prompted for credentials or even to confirm the purchase. I'm very concerned about Prime in this respect as per use content is listed among the subscription content.

Amazon's suggestion was to password protect the device, but it is authorized users that I would like to not make purchases.

I can't figure out how to disable one-click purchasing or simply disable purchasing on the Fire.

Am I just stupid?
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote