View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Something similar happened to me last year. Amazon closed my account because it was hacked. I caught it before they did, changed my password, and cancelled the order that had been placed on my account (to somewhere in Turkey). I was fine with keeping the account but Amazon was not and they shut it down as soon as they figured it out. I was pretty irritated at this not just because of my Kindle books but also because of my purchase and browsing history, which has led to some good recommendations in the past. Oh, well. They did reimburse me for all the e-books I purchased (they know which ones were free at the time of purchase) and I have them all backed up sans DRM. So while Amazon's policy of never reopening an account is kind of stupid, at least we can get some free e-books out of it. ;-)
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote