Thread: Boomerang
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #53
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Hi everyone,

This is how a Harper Collins UK editor described Boomerang in a slightly earlier incarnation I posted on their authonomy site after the opening chapters received one of the first Editors Desk awards.

This is clearly a fun and light-hearted romp of a mystery story, full of adventure and humor. The author shows skill in crafting a sentence as well as creating developed, well-rounded characters. The story is madcap and crazy plot twists keep the reader turning the pages. It has a nice international feel, with lots of locations that would appeal to a wide audience, and lots of “hooks” for publicity or marketing to use, such as the jazz angle, or the smuggling angle, or the political angle, etc. These kind of hooks are important if you want a book to really succeed in the marketplace, and here the author certainly covers plenty of bases.

'Course, for reasons defying all logic, H/C didn't pick it up, which actually turns out to be a good thing, since they would be charging a whole lot more than I do. Just $1.99 through Amazon, B&N or Smashwords. And the half price coupon at Smashwords is good through the end of February.

Update: To "celebrate" the imminent demise of the paperback edition (it isn't gone yet, but I've been notified by the publisher that unless I pay an annual fee they are yanking it off the market soon, bless their hearts) we're bringing back the half price coupon on the ebook edition. So, now through April 30, 2010, get Boomerang for ninety-nine cents at Smashwords.

Coupon code: HK56J

Just follow the Smashwords link in my signature line.

Last edited by plumboz; 03-05-2010 at 12:21 PM.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote