View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Powering off your Kindle or Nook (the only ones I have experience with) every night will save you some power. I do that because sometimes I go several days without reading.

Every Kindle ereader can be powered off. It will have a blank screen (no picture). Kindle keyboard - hold the switch for 6-7 seconds. Kindle 6" is also 6 seconds. I think my sister's Kindle Touch is also 6 seconds. I don't know the time for the PPW, but I know my Mom uses sleep mode until she goes to bed and then shuts it off. She might go a week without reading, so why waste the power? The Nook ST is similar.

As far as 'screen freeze', I've never had this issue unless it involves dirt accumulation and then I can't unlock the danged thing (Nook). With my Nook, I periodically take a slightly damp Qtip and go around the inside edges of the screen to free up dirt.

Gave my Nook ST to my sister. I still miss him. sniff. But I had too many readers. Same with ipods.

Last edited by Tarana; 07-10-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote