View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 07:49 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Depends. My Kindle Keyboard does, my Touch seems to save downloading for when I wake it up.

And you can switch a eink Kindle off - screen blanks
It isn't off, I promise you.

When you press the power button, the lockscreen pops up if you have one, or else the home screen. It does not go through the boot screen, like when you restart.

It is actually possible to poweroff the Kindle, but you need to jailbreak for command-line access or to run shellscripts.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote