View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #29
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
The DejaVu Serif font works very well, it displays all the special characters in that book perfectly on both the epub and kepub. When I look at the file size of CharisSIL vs other fonts such as DejaVu Serif, I thought the triple file size meant it probably had almost every special character possible, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So I guess I didn't screw up something that time . It seems the kepub version substituted another font to fill in the missing characters, but it did a rather poor job of it.

Thanks for the font, I rather like it and will use it for awhile and see if it doesn't replace Georgia when I need those special characters.
Good to hear that it works for you. Charis SIL is good for Latin, Cyrillic and IPA but does not include the full Greek alphabet. With its diacritical support, that is good enough to cover my needs at this time.

Kepub does substitute from other fonts but if you are not using a Kobo supplied font, the results are, as you noticed, not all that pleasant.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote