View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 02:34 AM   #27
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I find myself using Avenir Next & Caecelia most often; I don't have much need for a wide glyph set so I haven't really run into any problems with either of them. Sometimes I use Iowan Old Style, FF Tisa or Whitney if it works for that document.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcroy View Post
Georgia is an excellent serif font for current ereaders because it was specifically designed for the low resolution computer screens. Its tall x-height is a deliberate design choice to make it clearer at small sizes on digital screens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(typeface)
Georgia was great for a long while, but as screen DPIs continue to increase, there are other serif fonts that perform better. While Georgia is still good for most computer screens (since most are still < 150DPI), it can look...odd on modern high-resolution displays, many of which are 200-350DPI or higher.

That's the main reason I don't use Georgia on my KG; it just looks...not quite right.

I want to like Amasis more than I do; I really like the slab-serif design of the individual glyphs, but the flow of the text is just...too stocky and rigid. Oh well.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote