View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcroy View Post
Georgia is an excellent serif font for current ereaders because it was specifically designed for the low resolution computer screens. Its tall x-height is a deliberate design choice to make it clearer at small sizes on digital screens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(typeface)
Charis SIL is based on Bitstream Charter.

Quote:
Bitstream Charter is a glyphic serif typeface designed by Matthew Carter in 1987 for Bitstream Inc., a digital type foundry. It was optimized for printing on the low-resolution 300 dpi laser printers of the 1980s, but is suitable for printing on both modern high-resolution laser printers and lower resolution inexpensive inkjet printers.
Charis SIL has yet to fail to render any character in any eBook I've read since I've started using it. Plus, the modified versions I've created look very good on an eInk screen. Also, there is a true smallcap version that gives one true smallcaps instead of noticeably simulated smallcaps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charis_SIL

Quote:
ts goal is to "provide a single Unicode-based font family that would contain a comprehensive inventory of glyphs needed for almost any Roman- or Cyrillic-based writing system, whether used for phonetic or orthographic needs."

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-12-2013 at 07:13 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote