View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #16635
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpad View Post
Finished Into Thin Air:
For me this book was both good and not so good. The hardships the climber subjects themselves to are nothing but mind boggling. I'm not a climber and didn't recognize many names, the exception being Göran Kropp but only because he's from Sweden. There's a lot of persons being mentioned in the book, and it doesn't help when the author switches between family names and first names.

Besides all the names it's a glimpse into the world of the climbing elite and what they're willing to subject themselves to to reach there goals (in this case the top of Mount Everest).
I found the book both terrifying and illuminating, and if there had ever been even a part of me that thought about climbing, this cured it! But a compelling read.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote