View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
EPub with word styling almost from scratch questions

I have an .rtf document that I need to use for an e pub. If I select all and copy right into Sigil of course I'm not going to have the paragraph spaces like in the .rtf

If select all and copy into word and save as html then I get the styling ( of course) now here is the first question;

The main fonts are helvetica and helvetica bold / italic, since the styling is generated by word I still need to embed the font in the epub but how do I apply the fonts to the styles already there as this would cause a mess, no?

Second and most important; There are a few pages that are using images and the client wants them coded and those fonts embedded. It's 4 fonts, which I have and know how to embed font but I will have to attach a css page to the epub with the styling for those separate pages. Is this going to cause a problem as the word styling is throwing me off in terms of css thinking here.

I also thought about creating a css page, adding the helvetica font family and use THAT styling and remove the word styling all together.

Is this an option?

Either way , alot of time consuming work I would think.

any help?

RD
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote