View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #290
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It means precisely what it says: that you can only post affiliate links for eBooks, and not for washing machines, toasters, or exercise bikes. What did you think it meant?
Harry,

I would like to suggest that you reconsider and allow ereader devices (again, only in the actual affiliate thread). I doubt they would get posted often.

Also, digital downloads (or, at least links to the actual deal codes) might be allowed: for example, links to Amazon for the various free music and instant video deals are not ebook deals, but I suspect several have taken advantage of them. Again, they don't occur often.

One question: are the KSO deals "ebook deals" or only if the deal itself involves an ebook? These do occur more often (every four days).

And, I'll assume that Kindle (or nook) games/apps are allowed (at least, the ones that are ereader specific, not general android apps). I actually appreciate that Arcdata finds those and posts them in her thread (not that I buy all of them).

I do see the need to keep washing machines and things you can't do on your ereader out of the threads and forum. Otherwise, you'll end up with groupon deals being posted, etc (of course, we would also learn which thread to ignore quite quickly, I'd assume).

It's easy enough to skip someone's affiliate thread, usually, just by going to the individual store and searching (although there are times this doesn't work, it usually suffices) or by lopping the affiliate signature off the link.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote