View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #66
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
My favorites: Sorry – mostly productivity…….

Evernote – use this to organize everything! It even syncs to my desktops at work and home (you can also add folders to sync). You can create "notebooks" and place notes in them. I use it to create lists & save important documents. Also adds a button to outlook for automatically adding to Evernote. Great for organizing travel arrangements or receipts. I decided to subscribe and can now add any type of file. So far, this is the most versatile program I have found.

Stanza - crossing my fingers that this will continued be updated for the new OS.

Roboform – password and login protection that can be used on all computers and ipad

SME Storage – to organize all various icloud storage (Dropbox, box, etc)

Xmarks – without a doubt, one of my favs. Allows me to keep all bookmarks synced on every system (Firefox, PC’s, itouch, ipad)

Dragon Dictation – this is amazing and actually works (free). Dictate into ipad and send as email or save as a note

Text Now – send text with a dedicated phone number. Great when in a meeting and need to send a message to my kids without pulling out my phone (email and voice to voice conversations don't seem exist for their generation, sorry back on track)

Quickoffice – word, excel, powerpoint. Don’t know if is better or worse than others

Nightstand – use as alarm and clock when traveling. The weather option does not appear to be great outside of US but the clock it huge and you can dim it down to almost nothing

Convert – currency conversion (free)

Shazam – identifies music. Great when organizing your itunes library.

News: NPR, USA today, News Pro
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote