View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #27
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
There's enough to listen to at Overdrive to keep me wet, fortunately, since conversion would challenge my technical limitations. Perhaps I'll cue up the fourth Aubrey/Maturin book as appropriate listening after I finish John Feinstein's Where Nobody Knows Your Name, my current swimming listen.
The Aubrey/Maturin books are perfect for swimming, especially if the goal is to get you to swim more.

As for conversion - it took me a bit to get it all working, but I now routinely do to my Audible books what I have always done to my eBooks - strip and convert on purchase. That allows me to have a DRM-Free backup that will always work, regardless of my relationship with Audible. I usually convert to M4b, but converting from that to MP3 or WMA is trivial. If you ever decide you need to do this, PM me. You've done more than enough to help me out over the years, I'll be happy to reciprocate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yes, even somewhat well regarded waterproof blue tooth headphones like the BlueAnt PUMP HD aren't recommended for swimming due to underwater interference with blue tooth signals.
That was what I was afraid of. Given the quality of available corded, waterproof, headsets now, I assumed there had to be a good reason that no one was doing Bluetooth. And given the nature of water and electronic signals in general, along with the low power output of Bluetooth, I am not surprised. Thanks for confirming.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote