View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I could drive halfway across the state to buy a blu-ray movie and still make it back home in less time than it would take me to download the movie.
When I want to watch a movie in the cloud it starts streaming in seconds.

Bandwidth and net speeds are improving all the time; cloud computing is all about working on data that's in the cloud, and getting away from the concept of files and downloads. Not everyone, everywhere has that sort of connectivity yet, of course, but that's the way it's going and to truly appreciate the cloud you have to look ahead to a time when bandwidth is copious and available like power and water.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote