View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Just to confirm the issue:

You can only toggle 'Publisher's Fonts' on and off, and trying to switch to one of the default Kindle fonts while Publisher's Fonts is off results in nothing changing: the book always uses the font it 'wants' (using the fonts available on the Kindle, though, not the embedded ones)?

If that's it, then, yeah, I have a few books like that... It happens on FW 3.4, but not on the Touch, with the exact same files... So if that still happens on the PW, I guess it's finally time I reduced this to a simple testcase to check what the issue really is...

(FWIW, that seems to happen mostly in books using multiple families for styling: chapter headings in Sans, some stuff in monospace, and the body in Serif, for example. On the Touch, everything's properly overriden by the Kindle, while on FW 3.4, the book holds the reins...).
I don't even have publisher fonts as an option at all for this book. I do for others.
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote