View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
GWild
GWild began at the beginning.

Device: none
[SOLVED] Problem Using Calibre and Sony PRS-505

Update:
Suggestions posted here prompted me to further examine my system.

I found my issue. After messing around for several days I searched packages containing the name/description *USB* and realized that (and I don't remember when) I previously installed USB Mount.

That was the source of the issue. The system now 'behaves' according to the current parameter settings (do not automatically mount USB devices) and Calibre mounts the device when I attach it to the system.

Hello all.

I just received a Sony PRS-505, and a colleague mentioned that I should get Calibre to manage my library.

I run Kubuntu 10.04 AMD 64 Linux as my OS.

After much reading/googling, I've decided to post this question.

Problem:
My system automatically mounts the reader such that Calibre is blocked from interacting with it. I can only use Calibre with the reader if I manually umount the reader - then Calibre automatically detects it and runs/works fine.

Question:
Is there a way to possibly modify the mount parameters Calibre uses so that it will be able to access the reader in RW mode?

The OS automounts it in RW mode:
/dev/sdf /media/usb0 vfat rw,noexec,nodev,sync,noatime,nodiratime 0 0

but the device is not even visible to Calibre unless I manually umount the reader (and I don't want to completely disable automatic mounting of USB devices which are attached).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by GWild; 01-09-2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: [SOLVED]
GWild is offline   Reply With Quote