View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
mornington
Connoisseur
mornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
Here in the UK, I bought one just before xmas from the local Sony store. Apparently, though, I bought the only one they had in stock (aside from their display model) and they'd only got it in that morning.

So I guess I was lucky.

It's very much worth it, though. It's a beautiful device, is currently holding a little over 4000 books on its internal storage alone, auto-sorted (by Calibre) into about 500 collections and it's still highly responsive (I tried it with an SD card as well, but it got a bit sluggish when I did so, and frankly 4000 books seemed like enough for the time being...).

The built-in font is awful, though: I used Calibre to convert all my books to use easier-on-the-eye fonts (see other threads on here), and it's a joy to read from now.
mornington is offline   Reply With Quote