View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Harper: This Elle Lothlorien sounds like everything I preach to new authors NOT to be. She's definitely one of those authors I would encourage people to boycott with a passion and flock to the ones that are good natured, take criticism well, and have a realistic view of themselves and publishing. This Elle does not.

Now on the topic of your cool link to the "I'm not your beta reader" article, I think it makes a good point. If it's published, it sure as hell better be PERFECT, or as close as humanly possible. That's why I am constantly in the lookout for feedback and proof readers. The more eyes on target, the less likely something wrong (typo, plot hole, etc) will slip into the final version. Also, it's an encouragement to me to be on my game 100% before the book even goes to the feedback and proof readers. I always make my goal with anything I send to my proof readers to be such that the book comes back spotless and without issue. That obviously never happens, as the feedback and proof readers ALWAYS find something (that's just part of being a writer), but if I keep pushing myself such that I will go that extra mile to ensure a perfect book, I know that I will produce something that my readers will love. To me that's more important than how many copies I sell or how much I make. If people enjoyed it and were happy, then I'm happy. But if they're not, then I'm not, no matter how trivial the problem.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote