View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #13
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I think that we will see the return of the independent bookstore in the next 10-20 years....
As in, the same way we've seen a non-resurgence of the independent music store and independent video store...?

I'm not sure I agree with the time frame, and I expect paper to stick around for some time, but brick and mortar bookstores are roadkill.

The only plausible exception is super-niche stores in big cities or serving a very specific community, e.g. art books, college bookstores, used books. Even the used stores will eventually get strangled by the dearth of remainders and new paper books.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote