View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #88
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
---- the iPad 2 wasn't ideal primarily because I wanted it to have retina display (there were rumors of it prior to release). Unfortunately, there was one app I wanted that was iPad-only at the time (it's now been updated to support the iPhone and iPod Touch, but remains an iOS exclusive), otherwise, I wouldn't have bought an iPad 2.

----:
First two things.
1. What was the "one app" you wanted so much?

2. It is my belief that the Apple product buying cycle is much shorter than most other manufacturers. I think the rush to buy the next "upgrades" show this. Witness the excitement about getting a new color.

A lot of my comments come about from having talked with Apple owners over the years, and questioning them on why they buy Apples which are usually more expensive than other products. Granted that was mostly about computers and not iPods, iPhones and iPads.

Those Apple computer owners were a diverse lot. My doctor, at least 2 children, 1 wife, my sister and her husband, cousins, friends, co-workers, etc. They all feel that Apple gives them something special that makes the extra cost worth it, and yet they can't explain what it is very well, if you are familiar with what they want to do.

I can't speak so definitively for the hand held devices. I think there was initially some new ground broken with those, but that ground has been made up. One of my boys will say categorically that an HTC phone is better than the iPhone, and he can defend that position. I don't know. I use a "used" Verizon feature phone on the prepaid PagePlus cellular network. 4 cents a minute. That is good enough for me and a lot of people that I know including people that I have clued about the Service. People say well you can't get information on that phone. Then I tell them, I send a text to Google or to another info type place and find out anything I need to know.

One thing I haven't commented on though I have seen it elsewhere on the Computer boards is about the new 5MP camera, with auto focus, etc.
It is almost beyond belief that having the ability to use a camera with the shape and size of a dinner plate is a really good thing.
Even my little feature phone will take a 1.3MP picture and that seems sufficient.
Then they say the camera has geotagging. If the iPad has a GPS chip that might work but if not, then the WiFi one won't be too handy.