View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #54
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300com View Post
Sounds like the 300 is turning out to be a great little reader.
I think so, too.

Not that it couldn't be improved by incorporating a couple more font levels, and a choice of fonts. ePub should make this easier to do, I'd think.

Of course, the real improvement needs to happen with the Sony approach toward selling books. Amazon has Sony beat to a pulp on that with Whispernet, but Sony makes it worse with its two stage process for using their ebook store. Sony needs to integrate the Sony Library with the bookstore, so that the process is invisible to the user. There should be an option for downloading a book directly from the store to a Reader using the computer.

I think that if Sony did that, and could find a way to drop the price point to $149.95, they'd force Amazon to market a similar sized Kindle, or have a bit of their lunch eaten.

Funny how big & cumbersome my 505 seems since yesterday.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote