View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by clydep View Post
I am a newbie to Calibre but have finally imported my entire ePub collection. I've got most of it figured out, but the Release Date field in iTunes has me stumped. My wife likes sorting by this field to select new books that I've added, she mostly likes newer fiction.

I have two problems, first of all I can't find a field in Calibre that translates to the Release Date in iTunes. None of the fields match.

Second, I'm running into issues with older books, say those with release dates in 1711, 1811, etc. They show up as XX/XX/11.

Is there a way to make translate a Release Date that iTunes understands and can order by?

Thanks
When you first add a 'book' (could be an empty book) to Calibre, it sets the 'Date' column value.
There is 2 other 'dates' in Calibre: Published and Modified.

The latter changes any time you touch the Metadata for that book.
(Just stepping through with Previous/next sets the date to 'current-date-time'

i-Tunes? I can't help.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote