View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 12:46 AM   #8
varelov
Enthusiast
varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
[QUOTE=Jabby;1162645]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse;11play a mobi file61634
As to why the conversion process seemed to be hanging while converting from epub to mobi/pdb, we'd need more information.

I haven't had a epub to mobi conversion hang up and quit but any conversion to mobi runs at a snails pace. Sometimes taking 6-7 minutes to complete. However, I have had the viewer hang up trying to display a mobi file.

I converted a 2.4MB epub to a 3.8MB mobi file that took at least 10 minutes (I didn;t time it). When I displayed them with the viewer the epub file was ready to read in a second or two. The mobi file took 6.5 minutes before it could be read (FBReader was ready to read the same file almost immediately). The viewers reflow is painfully slow on the file when I resize the window or when I display or hide the TOC (not so on the epub version).

I am running Calibre 7.23 and get the same result on my Windows7 or Vista machines.

Regards - John
Having converted that many books, I have marveled at how good is epub in keeping the file size low...
varelov is offline   Reply With Quote