View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #987
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RastyG View Post
I gave "Shift+X" for odd/even pages a try and I have to say it's far better than manully pressing "Shift+S". The most important feature of this solution is that cropped areas are remembered and I do not have to cropp the pages when entering a book again.

Thanks!
It seems like you are talking about pdf without text layer (non OCR-ed pdf) only.

That's what two-point-cropping "Shift+X" is meant for.

But if there is text layer underneath pdf image (OCR-ed pdf) "Shift+S" is better solution IMHO.

I will almost always do a quick ocr-ing of any non-ocred pdf beforehand anyway, because in this way not only can i use "Shift+S" for cropping(automatically zooming-in without margins) but will also be able to do the highlighting and search in pdf.

Quick ocr-ing in Adobe Acrobat or Abbyy Finereader (as exact image/copy) takes just about 20-30 minutes for an average book and for me there is usually no reason to do detailed ocr-ing on exact pdf image that will double the ocr-ing time.

Last edited by markom; 06-23-2013 at 08:33 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote