Thread: Arc Kobo Arc
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #165
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTess View Post
I am wondering why the Tweetdeck app doesn't work on my Arc...I go to it in the Play Store only to get the message that "your device isn't compatible with this version"...yet the info on the app's page says you need Android 1.6 or up - and Arc is running 4.0, right?

Anyone know what's up with that?
The lack of GPS is the culprit here - it's flagged to require your precise location (as opposed to coarse location, which is done through wi-fi triangulation and which, as Google Map shows, is actually very, very precise :/)

Quote:
I have also noticed that the Arc is a wee bit finicky re connecting with my computer. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't...not a huge deal as I know eventually it will work, but am wondering why. It also crashes Calibre...
No idea on those problems (and never will, with Calibre - only use my Touch for reading books, Arc is for everything else), alas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Was wondering since the Arc has the ability to use the Google Play store if you can install Mantano Reader and Comic Rack on it.
Yes, both of those can be installed. (not that it matters now as you've decided against it; personally, though, unless you're the type who just *has* to carry around their entire music collection [meh, carrying 3-4GB of music's] or multiple 720p+ movies at a time [480p/DVD rip resolution is more than good enough on a 7" screen, despite the screen's rez], you don't really need expansion at 16GB or higher, though obviously it'd be nice to have)

Last edited by JD Gumby; 12-13-2012 at 09:24 AM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote