View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
HELP!
I am in Europe (outside the few selected countries that can download apps) and have been "setting up" a new KFHD for a friend. I sideloaded a few books, movies and music files as well as downloading a few free Kindle apps. I also sideloaded and installed a free file manager (Astro).
So, now I deregistered the kindle. Basically, most things are fine - the sideloaded content is available and playable with the stock apps.

But my sideloaded file manager is gone! I expected the Kindle apps to be gone, but not the sideloaded/installed one.

There is no way to install apps now.
I don't know if my friend (who will get the Kindle tomorrow) has a USA Amazon account as I do - we both live in both places. If so, she can access the Amazon app store. Otherwise she'll have to bring the device with her on her next trip to the USA and set it up.

But, in case she doesn't...Anyone have any ideas on how to get a basic file manager installed on the KFHD under these circumstances? The apk file is on the device in the downloads folder. But, how can I get to the folder?
Try going to ES File Explorer's website in Silk and it should give you the option to open it after downloaded so you can install it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote