View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmlgirl View Post
I want to convert an EPUB 3.0 to KF8.
Won't work, since KF8 supports only ePub 2.0.

Quote:
Is the extension for KF8 .mobi?
A .mobi file generated by Kindle Previewer/Kindlegen contains both a non-KF8 file and a KF8 file. If you download a KF8-only file from Amazon, it usually has the extension .azw3.

Quote:
And the extension for older Kindle formats .azw?
Yes, but only on Amazon. (Amazon automatically extracts KF8 and non-KF8 files from the master .mobi file created by KindleGen.)

Quote:
Is an NCX required for KF8 even if the input is EPUB 3.0?
It's not required, but recommended. For more information see the Amazon Publishing Guidelines.

Quote:
In the Kindle previewer, it said my book converted, but with warnings. Where do I find those warnings?
Click Compilation Details.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote