Thread: Price sensitive
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #30
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I don't think owning a $100 device disqualifies me from being price sensitive. Most of the time, the draw for owning such a device is that it supposedly winds up paying for itself by cutting costs on what you'd otherwise spend on books. We spend where we think it's worth it, and cut corners in other areas to make up for it, just like anyone.

Every device I have purchased so far (and most have been given to other people) has been with money acquired outside our usual budget.

Much like the reason I'd buy a standalone mixer would make it easier and cheaper in the long run to mix my own dough and bread for my family rather than buying commercial packaged products....

I'm price sensitive when it comes to e-books sold at full book prices when the design of the seller is that it's only supposed to reside on their server, or their registered gizmo. I don't mind paying "book prices" for a book that allows me to use an e-book like a book rather than a service. I have books I bought 30 years ago, and want the e-books I buy to last just as long. I am thankful for the tools, but that is not what the seller of the book is selling me.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote