View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpbm View Post
I had the exact and same problem! And I'm trying to work the very same books! So, I'm sorry for making my first intervention in this forum a request but some help is really needed!
Thanks!
Try Googling for a free chm > html converter. There are a few out there, and different ones give different results with different files, so I can't recommend any particular one.

The converter will extract the files from the CHM, leaving you with a folder of html files. Open the index file in your browser to test the results. If you get good results, then use calibre to convert the html to your desired format. Be aware that your navigation options in the resulting ebook will vary depending on what the format supports. You may have to do further work in Sigil (also free).

Really large CHM files can be tricky. I have some electronic copies of codes and regulations that came in CHM format, and it took me a week to get a good conversion that worked properly.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote