View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #124
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hm, actually, I'm not sure. If the title wouldn't change you would not get duplicates. But since the title changes, maybe you will get some database issues.

In any case, safest is to delete the books from your Touch first, then eject and unplug so the Touch knows the books are gone. Then reconnect and add the books again with their new series info.
Unfortunately, you need to delete and then send. It doesn't matter if you use calibre to do the delete or the device. With the current driver and firmware, doing this in a single session is safe.

The reason is that the device processes each book the first time it is seen to extract the metadata to the database. If you replace a book, it will use the book, but won't update the metadata from the book.
Quote:
(It might work to just copy them onto the old versions of the books but previously that caused the Kobo to delete the book. I vaguely recall the Kobo driver has been taught to first delete books from the Kobo before putting the same book back to prevent this deletion, but I'm not 100% certain, plus, you're changing the title so I'd go the safe route )
No, the driver doesn't do that. The last change was to update the file size in the database when replacing a book. That prevented the device from deleting the book if there was a change. It is safe to do this in most cases.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote