View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I just checked you have to enter a year of birth to sign up for IMDB. I couldn't find anything in the privacy policy about use of said year (other than they need it to prove you're at least 13 years old).

So, unless she lied to imdb...
This is true but, unless things have changed, if you already have a record in IMDB, your user account is not linked to your entry. You can only have an entry (page) if you have a verified credit, and those are generally entered by someone at the production company who gets the thankless job of putting in ALL the info for a film or TV production.

So, if you want to update/edit your own info, you have to sign up as a user, and then be able to verify the info you add/change just like anyone else who submits adds/edits. The process of updating an IMDB entry is rather detailed, and the verification needed depends on what type of info is being added/changed. Having a Pro membership alleviates some of this, but not all of it.

I would not be surprised at all if they ultimately reveal that the information was submitted by an agent, family member, or other person who would have verifiable access to her birthdate.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote