View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 03:18 AM   #11
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I think the more esoteric your tastes (and I'm right there with you) the more this will happen. That's pretty obvious, but at the same time - the Amazon store is the only place I'm finding even a sizable percentage of what I'm looking for.

The other online retailers often sell the exact same things and even then you have to contend with it being in a proper format.

I've bought something like 6 books this last month that were paper, mainly because they were either books I wanted in actual print or, more often, things I could not find on the Kindle. But I'm still impressed what I do find on the Kindle. The ebook world, for so long, was so incredibly limited in it's selection of non-classics and non-best sellers that I'm still thrilled by what I find on Amazon. It's really the first time that I've felt an ebook reader actually has a chance.

Poetry is something I'd like to see more of as well, as well as solid reference material, but the Kindle needs to have more sophisticated text control before we see it.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote