View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:53 AM   #14
jttraverse
Enthusiast
jttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it is

Device: none
This is exactly the issue I'm trying to resolve, though I see it's been several months since the last post in this thread. I have a serious need for readers to be able to zoom in on illustrations I'll have in an ePub book since I want them to be able to examine the details in them. I'd rather not have to rework all the illustrations so that each part is a separate full-screen image, but so far I have not found any reader that lets someone zoom in on pictures in an ePub..though I've heard the iPad may do it now.
The dearth of responses (and lack of success) I've had trying to find a way seems to indicate that the developers of eReaders, or the apps themselves, haven't realized how valuable it would be to be able to zoom on images in an ePub, and at the moment the image will be only as large as whatever the page size on a given device is (much as I love my EVO, a full page image scrunched to the size of a eReader app is ridiculous. The default viewer on the phone lets me zoom perfectly, but no-go when you're reading an eBook).
If anyone knows of a reader or app that has pinch/zoom capability and that will work on Android/iPhone/iPad readers, please let me know.
-Jtt
jttraverse is offline   Reply With Quote