View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #186
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
Ahhhaa!!!!! I was about to throw my laptop across the room lol!!!! I was like, what am I doing wrong, why don't they want me to read???, lol. I borrowed 4 books, the first one I downloaded was an EPUB and it worked perfectly. The other 3 were PDF's, and when I tried to download them, I got "protected page" and couldn't read them on the reader, but could on ADE. I never even considered something like that happening, thanks!!
I just got off a chat with Sony support. It is a known issue and here is their response:

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...nalId=C1008686

A Protected Page! error occurs on the Reader when opening a borrowed book that is in the ePub or PDF format.

Solution

This may happen when borrowed Adobe DRM-protected ePub and PDF eBooks exist on the Reader at the same time. Follow this procedure to correct this issue:

Delete all borrowed books from the Reader.

Verify that all borrowed books are in the same format (either ePub or PDF) before transferring them back to the Reader.

I did request a firmware update to correct the problem but won't hold my breath.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote