View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Paperwhite Second Gen: First Impressions

Ok, my new Kindle Paperwhite Gen 2 arrived! Initial impressions:

--the screen lighting is AMAZING, and much better than my first PW. It's even, no spotlighting or colored blotches, Hopefully, all will agree. I got a decent PW V.1 on my second attempt, but this is definitely an improvement.

--it is noticeably faster on page turns and menus.

--There are page numbers!!! I know that some people had them before, but in the book that I am now reading ("Collision 2012") they now for the first time appear at the bottom of the page without having to hit menu or the like.

--the screen is crisp, and even with the light turned up full, it looks great.

--the footnote feature is awesome. Anyone who has read "Infinite Jest" will know what I mean, and this is the e-reader of choice for a book like that!

Love it! It's what v1 should have been.
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote