View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
LadyLou
Enthusiast
LadyLou doesn't litterLadyLou doesn't litter

Device: Sony Touch
Almost Giving Up!

I have had my Sony Touch for just over a year now! and have yet to read a book!!

The device itself is fine and I know as much as I need to know about using it for reading books.

I use Calibre and have a collection of about 100 books at present, all converted to e-pub format. I can transfer them to my reader and open them to read, but this is where the problems start!

The sentences and paragraphs are all over the place. There are gaps in pargraphs; every time there should be a double 'l' one is missing and replaced by a gap in the word.

Sometimes there are only a few words on a page, etc. etc.

I took a break for a few weeks to clear my head and started reading up again.
I have had quite a bit of help on this site, and have decided I need Sigil which I have downloaded, but it appears to be totally beyond my 'grasp' on computing and editing.

To me, it appears that I have to actually read the book page by page and correct each and every fault mannually.

This is just too much for me to cope with.

Is it really that complicated, I am a 'silver surfer' but have managed to conquor i-tunes, but sigil and to a point Calibre just seem to need much more knowledge of computing than I have.

I just thought, buy an e-book, transfer it to the Reader and read!!!
Obviously that is just not so, so, I am about to throw in the towel, sell it on e-bay and return to paperbacks.

LadyLou is offline   Reply With Quote