View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I see you are using <ruby>, which, from what I can tell of the specs, is not a required component, so there is no guarantee that it is supported by a reader (and I'd guess it will be unsupported by most readers).

Then you are using "display: inline-table" and "display: table-footer-group", which looks OK, and maybe you can the same using <span class="ruby">, <span class="rb">, etc. instead of the ruby tags, since you are alrady forcing the display type anyway...

The main drawback I see is that you have to translate word by word, which is seldom appropriate. You could translate whole sentences, but then each sentence is a table and does not break across lines.

I really don't see any way to make it look right with current ePUB spec and readers...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote