View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #7
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Aura One,HD,H2O,Touch,Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypronost View Post
Especially the DjVu and CHM file support has my attention. I've got a bunch of CHM's and converting them is a real pain.
I was wondering if anyone here has had extensive experience using these file types on the Hanlin and if the Hanlin handles them well.

Additionally, does the Hanlin support folder structures or does the Hanlin display "all" your files in it's root.
CHM support is not very good but DjVu support _now_ (i.e. as of yesterday when I released my libdjvu DjVu viewer for Hanlin V3) is quite good. You can zoom to any level and pan around the page in both portrait and landscape mode. Try it and see for yourself (if you have bought a Hanlin V3 already). The V3update.bin image containing it is here:

http://www.bibles.org.uk/hanlin-v3-firmware.zip

and the source code of libdjvu as well as precompiled i386 and arm binaries (if you want to build your own firmware image) are on my webpage http://www.bibles.org.uk

And yes, Hanlin V3 supports proper hierarchical directory browsing. I agree that it is _extremely_ important to have this (hence I consider Sony PRS-505 to be unusable as it takes 15 minutes to startup even on a moderate collection of 5000 books whilst Hanlin V3 takes 3 seconds to startup (even these 3 seconds I am trying to shave down to 1-1.5 seconds

As for my djvu viewer implementation --- I am currently adding some more cool features (like page cache, asynchronous pre-reading of pages while you are reading the current one etc etc)
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote