View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
While I'm not a fan of the higher prices the Agency model brought, in a way I'm grateful to it. Without it, it's entirely possible that we'd be at the mercy of an Amazon monopsony. Without Agency I doubt that Kobo would exist in its current form, and Barnes & Nobel might have been forced out of the ebook business ages ago. There would be Amazon and the small niche publishers like Baen, and that's it.
If Agency didn't exist, we'd have Fictionwise doing what Fictionwise did best. But because of that, we don't have Fictionwise any longer.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote