Thread: Saga of Recluce
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
morningstar79
morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
L.E. Modesitt jr is the author. The Saga of Recluce is a series of 16 fantasy novels based in a world outside our own, it's focus details mages and wizards who are able to wield the forces of order and/or chaos, black mages/wizards are responsible for the use of order, while white mages/wizards are responsible for the use of chaos. Without giving too much away, there is a force outside of chaos and order, and it is a far greater presence.
The series is not read in chronological order, rather jumps back and forth through time giving you the most recent happenings in that world, but then jumping back and showing you the history that founded the beliefs of the later characters.
My fiancee introduced the series to me years ago, and i refused to read the books based on his description. However, once my daughter decided to start reading the books i had no choice but to proof read what she was becoming interested in...and i was hooked.
While the author is overly descriptive in details you don't think matter at the time, you come to realize the importance of his detailed writing a little later in the series, and once you realize how the novels come together you will appreciate later what you don't see at first.
morningstar79 is offline   Reply With Quote