View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #19
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
It's been a while, but I basically liked all of the Bond books when I read them in HS. This was in the pre-VCR days (or the pre-my-parents-having-a-VCR days, at any rate), so I read all of the books before seeing more than a couple of the movies.

The book and the movies overlap like a venn diagram, meaning that if you like the movies, there's no guarantee that you will like the books; it depends on *why* you like the movies. If you are interested in Bond as a character separate from the action, you are likely to like the books. If you know who Turnbull and Asser are and are familiar with the difference between a silk knit tie and a grenadine tie (and perhaps can recognize the difference between garza grossa and garza fina ties), you are very likely to like the books...
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote