View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #10
vho3000
vho3000 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
I could not get this to work in my PRS 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzou View Post
I know this is my 2nd post regarding EPUB converting Chinese, I think posting another is easier to understand...

These 2 days I tried using Calibre 5.0 to convert Chinese books into EPUB format. It actually works well, but only on PDFs so far...
I did not do anything to my PRS505, just use the universal flasher flashed into Chinese fonts which work perfectly with Chinese LRF I made witt Calibre.

The steps I made the EPUB are all the same with making LRF, except a little extra:
1. Set output format to EPUB - of course.
2. After click“Convert Ebooks", In "Look&Feel" option, paste code below into“Override CSS”

@font-face { font-family:"Swis721 BT"; src:url(res:///Data/fonts/tt0003m_.ttf), url(res:///tt0003m_.ttf); }
body {
font-family: "Swis721 BT", serif;
}

The Chinese PDF(not fonts embeded) books are very nicely been converted to EPUB, but TXT and HTML were convert to EPUB with all "????". Any idea?
I could not get this to work in my PRS 600 even with chinese pdf. By the way, all pdf created by Adobe Distiller are automatically having fonts embedded. I don't know how you can made pdf without embedded font.

Please let me know if you can just put the tt0003m.ttf font in both the root directory and \Data\fonts directory in the Reader. And you can get this work just like that?

Are you talking tt0011m.ttf instead of tt0003m.ttf?

Thanks.
vho3000 is offline   Reply With Quote