Thread: Kobo support?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 07:48 AM   #13
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Well, I'm a fan of the basic Kobo unit and its simpleness. However, I am pretty surprised that the ePub font issue which was identified publicly a week or two before release -- it doesn't get any more glaring than that -- still isn't fixed. How could something that commonplace have been missed?

The second issue is basic instructions for set-up. I'd be willing to bet a significant percentage of customers don't do it properly or don't realise what to do -- and either get frustrated or bombard customer support with expensive to fulfil requests. As soon as people start bypassing the ADE / Kobo software, the user is on a path of danger.

The third basic issue is the inability, even with the software above, to customize the 100 free books -- deleting them selectively, or backing them up with the ability to re-add them later.

I do hope Kobo addresses all of these in the coming few days and certainly ahead of the much larger Borders release on Jun 17. Otherwise the reputation of the whole enterprise could end up in the ... well, you know.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote