View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
Well they answered one of my questions (kind of) and ignored another question.

I asked it the Nook supports Folders or Tags. <-- Question ignored.

I posted the following question about the LendMe feature:

Here was the disappointing response

I posted a follow up

by Administrator Kevin

Daithi,

Lending is a brand-new feature, unique to nook and the Barnes & Noble eReader software.

As the FAQ says, eBooks may be loaned one time, for a maximum of 14 days.

I posted a follow up

Quote:
Just to make sure I have this right, because I am going to start posting it on other blogs, such as Mobileread, Teleread, Kindleboards, etc., and I don't want to get anything wrong.

Once you lend a book out -- You can NEVER lend that book out again. Even after the 14 day lending period has expired, you can't relend it. You can't relend to the same person. You can't lend it to another friend. You can't relend it period. To be crystal clear, is that the policy?

I have a suspicion that they are not going to answer my follow up. My guess is that they have a low level B&N employee that looks through the questions and answers the ones to which he knows the answers, and basically the only information that employee has is the info in the poorly worded FAQ on their website.

wowsers! the lending issue just got blown out of the water! if I have 2 kids I need to make a Sophie's Choice in book distribution? choose between a spouse and a lover? 20 years from now I meet my soul mate that has the same reading choices I do and I have to confess; "sorry CHarlie, that book sailed a long time ago!"

that right there pretty much unsealed whatever deal may have been brewing in my brain
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote