View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #135
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Yeah, and having been trapped in an avalanche, I can attest to the fact that being frozen and suffocated at the same time is (1) painful, and (2) not as quick as one might hope.

I lasted for the better part of an hour, so they were able to dig me out, however, the freezing part was not my idea of a great way to go. The running out of air part was a little less painful, but not a lot. I think I would have rather not been conscious. So, my sympathies are going to be with the frog in the freezer in this case.
ricky, to be faire, first of all cane toads are cold-blooded, so cold temperatures like that will actually send them into a coma (like hibernation in the winter). it's not comparable to your experience at all. second, the problem is rather more complex than it may seem at first glance, since the extremely venomous cane toads are actually a dangerous pest whose exponential population growth is causing havoc in australia's ecosystem (where they are not indigenous ; they were introduced there from south america by some misguided idiots playing god, as is often the case). see here and here for example.

i do not at all intend to prolong this discussion by this post, quite the contrary, i'm hoping to quell some apparent misunderstandings and put the subject to rest permanently. if anyone does want to talk more about cane toads, etc., PLEASE OPEN ANOTHER THREAD so that i can avoid it. thanks.

now let's go back to talking about adorable kittehs, which is a much more pleasant subject.

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote