View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #16176
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I'm not a fan of Reacher, though I can definitely understand the appeal. Another you might find interesting is the Jane Whitefield series by Thomas Perry.
I read a bunch of Thomas Perry a few years ago and loved them. I remember really liking the Jane Whitefield character and her "job".
Spoiler:
http://www.thrillingdetective.com/eyes/whitefield.html
JANE WHITEFIELD is a clever and tough Native American woman who calls herself a "guide." She helps people who are in potentially life-threatening situations and uses her extensive resources to lead them "out of the world," to help them extricate themselves from their problems and assists them with documentation and credentials so they can start new lives.

Although her activities occasionally bend the law, she has a strict code of conduct and is very choosy about her clientele, and despite the fact that she's based in Deganawida, New York, her cases take her all over the country. Although more in the suspense genre than mystery, Whitefield occasionally gets in scrapes in which detective work is necessary, and Whitefield's Seneca heritage is also put to good use; the series is filled with all sorts of arcane knowledge about creating new identities, forging documentation, etc. etc.

But make no mistake -- she can more than handle herself, and she can be ruthless in pursuit of her goals.
If you can't get enough of Jane, be sure to check out Silence (2007), featuring retired LAPD detective P.I. Jack Till, who has also been known to help people disappear, and P.I. fans should check out Nightlife (2006), featuring Portland private eye Joe Pitt and police detective Catherine Hobbes, and Death Benfits (2001), which pairs rookie insurance claims data analyst Johnny Walker with grizzled freelance investigator Max Spillman.

I am reading the Book Club selection of A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle that I had thought to have read before, but I had not. I am really enjoying the story and, yes, I enjoy the TV program "Elementary".
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote