View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I am Jewish.

I said that because I do feel that any religious category will be possibly an issue. I don't want to read any Christmas related works. It could be taken as offensive.

MR has a separate section just for religion and politics and it has to be opted in for access. This is done for a reason. That reason is so we don't bring religious and political discussions to other threads/forums. So based on this, I feel that a Christmas based category should not be allowed on the basis of MR rules.

The December holidays are mostly religious. So unless we are going to read about Boxing Day and other non-religious holidays, MR rules would tell us that a religious discussion does not belong in the Book Club.

And just to say, I do find I am offended to have a Christmas based category in the voting even if it doesn't win.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-24-2013 at 06:53 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote