Thread: Outlines?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #37
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Unfortunately King has a habit of writing himself into a corner. He'll build up the story tension to a very high level and then completely fail to deliver on it with a satisfying ending. I mean really, they cornered the evil-giant-spider-alien-demi-god-clown-thing and punched it to death?

I'm not privy to his thought processes, so I'm not saying this is a direct result of his seat-of-his-pants writing method, but I'm not the only person who has noticed that pattern in his books.
My favorite scenes are those where the monster has broken down the steel reinforced concrete wall, ripped out the titanium steel bars and then the human is able to "fight" him.

Many modern writers can't keep the physics straight.

Last edited by frahse; 10-17-2012 at 12:55 AM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote